There are anti-American Sherlock fans? ;o;
I’m an American too, actually >.
- Aley: I have this theory about Troll!Moffat.
- Aley: What if...what if...Moffat is a pretty decent dude and it never occurs to him to fuck with the fandoms. But behind the scenes is Godtiss, going, "DO IT, STEVEN. THROW IN THIS PLOT TWIST. THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING. AND PUT SOME HOMOEROTIC SUBTEXT IN HERE, THEY'LL GO CRAZY!"
- Amelia: hahahahaha
- Amelia: yessss
- Amelia: Godtiss vouches for the homoerotic subtext and Moffat's just all KILL RORY
- Aley: "But Mark, I can't do that-" "I'LL LET YOU KILL RORY AGAIN IF YOU HANDCUFF THEM TOGETHER."
- Amelia: HAHAHA
- Amelia: and they have a bargainingship like everytime Moffatt gets to kill Rory or mention killing Rory Godtiss gets to put in more homoerotic subtext
- Amelia: this is obviously how it works
- Aley: Obviously
- Aley: And there's going to eventually be a scene where Sherlock and John fall on top of each other and it's going to happen because Gatiss let Moffat have Rory be eaten by a giant rhino or something.
- Amelia: Legit laughed out loud just now
- Amelia: eaten by a giant rhino
- Aley: idk
- Aley: It wouldn't really surprise me
- Amelia: And then when Sherlock and John realized what's happened and they look deeply into each others eyes, "Let's Get It On" will start to play in the background
- Aley: YESSSS
- Aley: Marvin Gaye'd all up in this bitch
- Amelia: THIS MUST HAPPEN
- Aley: And you'd just hear Gatiss in the background cackling
- Aley: And at the end, Martin and Benedict would walk off the set talking about the lunatics.
- Amelia: perfection
Sometimes people can be cranky or a little mean and hurt your feelings…
But in the end, things are awesome, and people are awesome.
THE WORLD IS AWESOME
EVERYTHING IS SHERLOCK
Thanks, Sherlockians. :’) I feel like I’ve come home.
Thank you so much ;w; Logically, I do know that the ENTIRE fandom can’t be like that. I’m very surprised that so many people were quick to respond to this- I’ve never seen such encouragement from strangers for a non BNF, and it really makes me happy that THIS is what the Sherlock fandom is REALLY all about.
I’m usually called Nanib or Nanibs or something like that XD It’s a weird little name (I imagine Sherlock’s analysis of someone who goes by ‘Nanibgal’ would not be altogether flattering, but I have no idea if any of his deductions really ARE XD ). It’s nice to meet you! Thank you again, so much!
Thank you so much ;o; I’m so happy to hear that!
Nothing can stop me from loving Sherlock, but I’m really happy to hear that it isn’t like that across the fandom. I have been in fandoms that have elitism and factions and stuff, and I’d rather not get tangled up in that. I just want to make lots of friends and read smutty fanfics make interesting deductions.
I just got told I wasn’t supposed to be in a chat room because I consider myself new to the Sherlock Fandom.
That struck me as….very unwelcoming.
As well as an insult to my intelligence, that I wouldn’t be able to understand the memes and the like. I’m new, not stupid.
I just wanted to make friends. Now I feel like going to cry somewhere.
I mean… I’m not new to the concept of ‘fandom’. It’s not as if I haven’t seen the series, or have seen things on Tumblr, read fics and the like. I feel like my being a fan has been invalidated by that chat’s dismissal of me. Because damn, that felt like a cold hard rejection.
I don’t have fandom friends IRL and I wasn’t sure how to try and get into the Sherlock Fandom and meet like minded people. I have to say, for a first experience I now feel much less enthusiastic about seeking fellow fans.
I just want everything to be Sherlock and nothing to hurt. :’/
Conclusion: If a chatroom is supposed to exclude membership to any sort of demographic, such as fans that haven’t completed some sort of….qualifying exam I suppose, I think it’s only fair to mention that before the link is posted in an open forum like Tumblr.
I just really didn’t think that was fair at all. I went in trying to make friends, and was cut off right from the start.
It probably wasn’t intended but…that HURT.
- USA: Let's go outside
- Russia: Did you hear this motherfucker? Cuba hold my Missiles.
- Cuba: Si
I will ship gay eight year olds and gay countries forever
The science world was left in shock when workers at the world’s largest physics lab announced they had recorded subatomic particles travelling faster than the speed of light – a feat that Einstein said was impossible.
If the findings are proven to be accurate, they would overturn one of the pillars of the Standard Model of physics, which explains the way the universe and everything within it works.
Einstein’s theory of special relativity, proposed in 1905, states that nothing in the universe can travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum.
But researchers at the CERN lab near Geneva claim they have recorded neutrinos, a type of tiny particle, travelling faster than the barrier of186,282 miles (299,792 kilometres) per second.
The results have so astounded researchers that American and Japanese scientists have been asked to verify the results before they are confirmed as a discovery.
Antonio Ereditato, spokesman for the researchers, said: “We have high confidence in our results. We have checked and rechecked for anything that could have distorted our measurements but we found nothing.
“We now want colleagues to check them independently.”
A total of 15,000 beams of neutrinos were fired over a period of 3 years from CERN towards Gran Sassoin Italy, 730km (500 miles) away, where they were picked up by giant detectors.
Light would have covered the distance in around 2.4 thousandths of a second, but the neutrinos took 60 nanoseconds – or 60 billionths of a second – less than light beams would have taken.
Scientists agree if the results are confirmed, that it would force a fundamental rethink of the laws of physics.
John Ellis, a theoretical physicist at the European Organization for Nuclear Research who was not involved in the experiment, said Einstein’s theory underlies “pretty much everything in modern physics”.
The theory, which helps explain everything from black holes to the Big Bang, “has worked perfectly up to now”, he said.
According to the law that energy is equal to mass multiplied by the speed of light squared, or E=mc2, firing an object faster than light would require an infinite amount of energy.
Proof that something had travelled faster would pose major questions about our understanding of the laws of nature because, for example, something that travels faster than light would in theory arrive before it left.” —
Speed of Light Broken By Scientists, The Telegraph.
What. What. What.
*Forwards to Dad*
“Yo Downton Abbey. I’m really happy for you. I’ma let you finish but Sherlock is one of the best series of all time. One of the best series of all time!”
…when AmeriAnderson makes your two fandoms collide in really REALLY odd ways
- John: What's on tv?
- Sherlock: The Emmys
- John: Oh I hate that show. They always make the wrong choices.
- Sherlock: I heard Anderson runs the whole thing.